You serve as trusted advisors for your special needs and older adult clients. They look for your protection when life gets challenging. It may even be that you have worked with them for many years and know the family well.
In times of stress and vulnerability, families may turn to you for education about basic caregiving issues and you may simply not have the time to delve as deeply as you would like.
Demonstrate your resourcefulness with these articles:
- Strained relations with siblings
- Overwhelm and confusion about changing roles
- Should Dad still be driving?
- Mom fell and broke her hip
- What to do about memory loss (is it Alzheimer’s?)
Bookmark this page! Next time you have an older adult or disabled client with a care problem, come to the e-library and search for the topic. We could well have an article that makes you a hero!